SUBMISSION DEADLINE FOR ASSIGNMENT: 25th September 2020 at 12.00 pm.
The Convention on Business Integrity is a Not-for Profit Organisation. The Convention on Business Integrity (CBi) was formally launched in 1997 to empower business transactions in and within Nigeria against corruption and corrupt practices. The vision is to move the society towards a visible zero tolerance for corruption, which could alter the idea that Nigerian businesses are fraudulent and instead foster international relationships that can lead to meaningful exchange. The key objective of the CBi is to provide an alternative to the perceived all-encompassing culture of corruption; showing that there are other ways of behaving or doing business in an environment like ours.
Over the past years, The Convention on Business Integrity (CBi) has continued to gain support and followers in Nigeria and to be recognized globally as a very innovative and positive contributor from Africa to global best practices in relation to the promotion of good governance. We have built sustainable projects and platforms that assist to highlight the vision of the organisation.
In line with the organisation’s mission to promote and support anti-corruption business coalition with the use of collective action to curb corruption and promote ethical business Practices, transparency and fair competition in the private sector, the organisation is seeking to hire a reputable candidate for the role of Engagements Coordinator.
SCOPE OF WORK:
- Implement the Corporate Governance Rating System (CGRS). This involves:
- Report writing for the Self-Assessment Verification exercise, Steering committee meetings as well as periodic status and progress reports.
- Key liaison between the organization and the Nigerian Stock Exchange and/or listed and unlisted companies.
- Coordinating the Fiduciary Awareness Certification phase specifically by granting Directors access to course materials, offering technical support, managing and resolving enquiries, generating exam codes and administering the Fiduciary Awareness Certification Test.
- Deployment of Stakeholder Surveys for the Corporate Integrity Assessment phase.
- Coordinate the Expert Multi Stakeholder Group (EMSG) phase of the program
- Monitoring of project compliance, progress and documentation. This includes developing and updating a CGRS information database system as well as populating the
- Plan and implement all events under the aegis of the Stakeholder Relations department such as the Annual Christopher Kolade Lecture, the Regulatory Conversations, MACN project activities, Trainings/Webinars and other relevant events.
- Implementation team member of the MACN project specifically in charge of managing the Helpdesk Portal by logging in and keeping track of complaints and pre-arrival information of vessel/cargo sent in to the helpdesk.
- Perform research on issues relevant to current projects or prospective projects. This also includes analysis of project data and generation of reports based on this.
- Responsible for formal correspondences on projects & events such as communiqués, project briefs, letters, memos etc.
- Build, engage and maintain relationships with stakeholders via meetings, emails & phone calls.
- Perform other duties and tasks assigned.
DURATION: Full time
REPORTING: The personnel will report to the Stakeholder Engagements Manager, CBi
COMPETENCIES, EXPERIENCES AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- A Bachelor’s degree with 5 – 7 years of post-graduation experience in Project management and/or the Non-profit/Development sector. A Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- Ability to write formal materials (reports, proposals, communiqués, letters etc.) and communicate clearly and articulately.
- Good interpersonal, organization and negotiation skills are required to manage vendors & clients.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, multitask and be detail oriented.
- Must possess great team interaction skills such as mutual respect, collaboration, honesty & trust.
- Must possess the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be passionate about projecting good corporate visibility/brand at all times.
HOW TO APPLY
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday 9th October, 2020 at 12 noon. Applications received after this time will not be opened or considered.
Please quote “Engagements Coordinator” and your name in the subject line of your email.