Call for Proposal Monitoring and Evaluation
TERMS OF REFERENCE
Job Role: Monitoring and Evaluation
Job Category: Technical
Job Role: Consultancy Duty Station: F.C.T – Abuja
Effective Start Date: As soon as possible Project
Deadline: May 2022
As part of project activities, a mid-point study was conducted and designed to
identify the personas of professionals that were most vulnerable to corruption.
Specifically, the research achieved the following:
- Identify the most prominent persons among professionals that participate
in the research;
- Identify motivating factors that can push professionals from one category
of persona to another;
- Learn lessons from the responses of professionals to develop targeted
messages fit for each category of the personas identified;
- Generate relevant information for planning interventions.
The descriptive categories of the professional personas are:
- Rebels – l don’t care about professional ethics/the laws on corruption, l
live by my own rules
- Opportunists –: “If it isn’t broke don’t fix it”. I take advantage of the
loopholes in the system to better my lot
- Survivors – “If you can’t beat them, join them”. If l don’t join how do l
survive? There is very little l can do about the corruption in the country
- Moralists – l believe something has to be done or we’ll soon all be in
trouble but what can l do?
- Principled – l believe we can’t allow things to continue like this and that l
have a role to play to make the country free from corruption and a better
The outcome of the survey identified different pathways for attitudinal change
towards corruption for the different categories of personas. Based on findings from
the study, it was discovered that the most prominent categories of professionals
are moralist, survivalists and the opportunists and moralists with very few principled
professionals. There is also huge pressure towards reverse attitude change. In
developing the research and its findings, the study used the EAST (Easy, Attractive,
Social, Timely) Strategy of the Behavioural Insights framework.
OBJECTIVE/PURPOSE OF ENGAGEMENT
To oversee the monitoring, evaluation, analytics and reporting of performance
and results within the timeframe of the project. To conduct project data analysis
and identify methods to use results for program improvement.
SCOPE OF WORK AND KEY TASK
- Recommend and propose the methodology for evaluating impact from this creative engagement.
- Review logical framework and propose recommendations.
- Conduct evaluations, interview project team and desk officer with the
donor organization to learn lessons and make recommendations for similar
- Develop monitoring and impact indicators for the project.
- By way of a report, provide feedback to the Programme Director on project
strategies and activities.
- Produce an interim and final evaluation reports.
• The Consultant will commit to be available to start the assignment immediately
from the time of signing a contract, and complete the assignment before the
end of May 2022,
• The Consultant will present the final output in form of:
- A detailed work-plan
- An approach or concept document of the assignment
- If there are any tools involved, the Consultant will share the tools with the
- Submission of interim draft of work
- Submission of final draft of work
The Consultant will report to the Programme Director.
MONITORING AND EVALUATION COMPETENCIES, EXPERIENCES AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Degree in statistics, demographics, public policy, international
development, economics or related field.
- A minimum of 5 (five) years proven experience working on similar
- Experience in strategic planning and resultsmeasurement, including
indicator drafting/selection, target setting, reporting, database
management, and developing M&E and/ performance monitoring plans.
- Provide 2 (two) references from development actors to contact.
Experience in working in development sector especially dealing with
anticorruption issues will be an added advantage.
HOW TO APPLY
The application should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 4th March, 2022 at 12Noon.
Applications received after this time will not be opened or considered.
Your expression of interest should detail:
- A technical proposal
- A financial proposal
- Please quote “Consultant – Monitoring and Evaluation” and your
name/company name in the subject line of your email.