The CBi / Integrity whistleblowing policy is designed to ensure all employees (paid and unpaid) consultants, contractors and other stakeholders observe high standards of business and personal ethics in the conduct of their duties and responsibilities.
Employees and representatives of the organization must practice honesty and integrity in fulfilling their responsibilities and comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
The objectives of the whistleblower policy are to establish and provide guidance for:
- the submission of concerns against legal and ethical standards by employees, directors, officers and other stakeholders of the organization, on a confidential basis.
- the receipt, retention, and treatment of complaints received by the organization from a whistleblower.
- the protection of whistleblowers from retaliatory actions.
Policy and Procedures
- The Whistleblower should promptly report the suspected or actual event to his/her supervisor.
- If the Whistleblower would be uncomfortable or otherwise reluctant to report to his/her supervisor, then the Whistleblower could report the event to the next highest or another level of management, including to the CEO or an appropriate Board committee or member.
- The Whistleblower can report the event with his/her identity or anonymously.
- The whistleblower shall NOT be subject to retaliation or, in the case of an employee, adverse employment consequences. Moreover, a volunteer or employee who retaliates against someone who has reported a Concern in good faith shall be subject to discipline up to and including dismissal / termination of employment.
- Supervisors, managers and/directors / or Board members who receive the reports must promptly act to investigate and/or resolve the issue.
- The Whistleblower shall receive investigation report within five business days of the initial reporting. The report shall include disposition or resolution of the issue.
- If the Whistleblower is not satisfied with the treatment or perceive concern will not be sufficiently treated, he/she can report the event to Egunje.ifo, www.egunje.info.com (with back end viewing access by ICPC) or to the appropriate legal or investigative agency.
- Concerns relating to fraud or corrupt practices, misuse of funds, money laundering and terrorism financing, where DFID are involved should be reported immediately to the DFID Counter Fraud & Whistleblowing Unit (CFWU) (including the use of the DFID external website fraud mailbox).
- Whistleblower’s identity, if known, shall remain confidential to those persons directly involved in applying this policy, unless the issue requires investigation by law enforcement.